photo botslide.jpg

Quick & Easy Recipes+Kickboxing?

13.3.15

Happy Friday! So seeing as how yesterday was the official first day of spring, I thought that I would pay tribute to the fact that bikini season is just around the corner with this healthy recipes post! I am also going to talk about my workout that I've been doing for that last couple of months, so this should be a fun and inspiring post to get all of us into the mood for the upcoming warmer months! Hope you enjoy!



Let's start with the first meal of the day and my personal favorite! BREAKFAST!! I used to hate eating breakfast, like literally hate eating it so much to the point where my mom used to have to sit with me and watch me eat something in the morning before school to make sure that I had something in me before I left for school. Fast forward a few years later and its my favorite meal of the day! There are so many different things you can do with foods in the morning and since it's your first meal of the day you can eat as much as you want to get some fuel in your tank (aka your belly)! Here are some of my favorite things to make in the morning.
Photo via: http://www.number-2-pencil.com/2013/03/08/green-smoothie/

Banana Berry Green Smoothie:

1 scoop of a wheat grass powder or matcha
green tea powder
1 banana ( frozen optional)
1/2 pint of water or 1/2 pint of milk of your choice

place in a blender and mix till smooth
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo via: http://www.vansfoods.com/user_files.vansfoods.com/file_939.jpg
Ancient Grains waffle with berries and Nutella
( the ultimate lazy breakfast )

1 gluten free ancient grains frozen waffle 
handful of berries frozen or fresh
tablespoon of Nutella spread

Toast waffle then spread on Nutella and place berries on top. Enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Next I have two ridiculously easy lunch recipes that require almost no prep on your part.

http://www.judiorlick.com/data/photos/72_1gottlieb_chixspinachsalad_.jpg

Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad

3 or 4 grilled chicken slices ( I get mine precooked from Kroger but any store should have them)
1 1/2 cups of spinach
any other toppings that you prefer. I used chopped up tomatoes and a 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.

mix all of these together and you have a easy, healthy lunch that travels well too!
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo via: www.jerseygirlcooks.com


 Hummus and Sliced Veggie Wrap

1 tortilla wrap of your choice
Cut up vegetables ( I like using bell peppers, zucchini, and cucumbers)

Hummus:
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 can of chickpeas drained
1 clove of garlic chopped
l tablespoon of lemon juice
1/4 cup of tahini

Blend all of the hummus ingredients in a blender or food processor. Once blended smoothly, spread the hummus on the wrap, place vegetables on the hummus, wrap it up and enjoy!
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


When dinner time rolls around I usually eat some kind of protein and a side of vegetables or a major carb like mashed potatoes or sweet potato fries ( my fave!! )

Photo via: http://www.poorgirleatswell.com/2013/08/pgew-turns-5-the-top-ten-recipes-from-year-two.html

Seared Ahi Tuna steak

For this all you need is:
1 (4 oz) tuna steak seasoned with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper
An oven preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit ( 218 degrees Celsius )

Cook the tuna for 6 minutes and then it's ready to go!
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, there you have three meals that are all so easy to make in no time at all! To continue with this theme of all things healthy, I want to share my workout that's been my obsession over the last couple of months.

Kickboxing, you might have heard some of the Victoria's Secret Angels gushing over this full body workout backstage at last year's VS fashion show. I started in January in an effort to increase my self confidence and to be more healthy in general. I used to hate going to the gym in the past but ever since I've started working with the trainers at my kickboxing studio, I have become obsessed with it and have been going 5 days a week! If you knew me before discovering kickboxing, then you'd know that I hated working out with a passion! I did spin classes to get some cardio in my life but that was the extent of me working out! I know, I was a lazy bum.

If you want me to do a separate post on what gave that extra push to try out this new lifestyle change then I''ll do one next week maybe. We'll see how it all goes. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this more health and fitness focused post and I will see you on Monday! Remember to share this if you enjoyed my posts so far and want to spread that happiness to all of your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme