photo botslide.jpg

Friday Favorites! Week 1

6.3.15




The weekend is here at last! I don't know about you but this week has felt like it stretched on for ages. This probably has to do with the fact that I am on spring break next week. However, instead of going out of town like many of my fellow classmates are doing, I will be here creating content for you all to enjoy on this blog. Personally crowds terrify me and make me really anxious, so staying here makes me perfectly happy and I'm all for an emptier Athens. Everyone wins in this situation. Now, back to what I really wanted to talk to you about: things that I've been using repetitively all this week.

Photo Credit: thewonderforest.com

- Dana Fox's blog wonderforest.com
There are many reasons why I am currently OBSESSED with this blog : The entire blog is well photographed, pretty to look at, has a variety of different content topics covered for readers to choose from. My current favorite post for the week is called How to make a product collage in Photoshop. I really struggle with using the Photoshop program and would much rather use other editing software alternatives, but there are just some things ,such as making product collages or collages in general, that Photoshop does while the other programs do not. For this reason, I have found her tips and tricks rather helpful in my attempt to tackle editing using Photoshop.

- Cooking/ Eating Clean
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed that my posts have been rather food related over the past couple of days. I've gotten really into cooking foods that make me feel more energized and satisfied for longer periods of time. I've also noticed that me cooking foods that make me feel better on the inside has also made an improvement on my skin's appearance. This makes it a dream to apply makeup on top of, as my makeup routine has become rather minimal lately.


-Whole Foods's prepared foods section.
When I'm in the Atlanta area and feel like eating a bit healthier than the usual chipotle burrito bowl, I like going into Whole Foods to get a mixture of their different foods that are prepared daily at the store. They literally have any kind of food you could want. Yesterday I had a takeout box filled with a mixture of Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli with different spices, paleo roasted butternut squash, a bit of the superfood salad, as well as a small portion of the garlic roasted kale. A lot of food, I know… but it was AMAZING! If you've never had any of their cooked food, you should try it if you're ever near a Whole Foods Market and are looking for good food that's really good for you as well.

Photo credit: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/prettylittleliars/images/9/91/PLL5B.png/revision/latest?cb=20140709120544; http://www.tsquirrel.com/_data/photos/2015/01/4582__suits_suits-season-4-episode-5.jpg
-Suits and Pretty Little Liars
These two shows have taken over my entire life since they came back on TV from their winter break. From the day that their first new episode aired, I was completely hooked. The story written for each character on both PLL and Suits has improved so much from the first season to the point where I'm left waiting anxiously to see what will happen on the next episode. Suits just had their season finale on Wednesday March 4 and I cried a little because of all the events that happened in that one episode. I'm a little sad that it's over until the next season premiers in the summer. In the meantime I have episodes of Pretty Little Liars to hold me over. Can we just talk about how AMAZING this show has become!!! I mean really… every time you think you know what's going to happen, the writer swoops in and throws something at you that you never saw coming and that's exactly what I love about how this show is written.The latest episode was INTENSE though. I literally cannot explain how much I love this show at the moment. If you haven't seen either of these two shows, go and watch them on Netflix or somewhere online.You won't regret it.

-Trench Coat and ripped jeans
My go to look this week has been my Banana Republic trench coat with my ripped knee Jamie jeans from Topshop and a top that I pick out that day. The weather has been the definition of bipolar weather this week and the trench coat makes for a great layering coat because it's not too heavy, the beige color matches most things and the fact that just putting it on instantly makes the outfit look effortless in the coolest way possible. I have a lighter more drapey, loose fitting trench coat but I think I'll save that one for when the weather gets warmer and more consistent.

- Shortened makeup routine
Since my skin has started to look so much clearer now that I'm eating much better, I don't feel the need to put foundation on daily. This cuts down on the time I use to put makeup on in the mornings that I have classes to go to. Instead I pop on concealer, some setting powder, highlight/blush, mascara, lip balm, then lastly I do my brows. All of this takes all of 10-12 minutes maximum, when it used to take me about 25-30 minutes on my previous makeup routine. So I really credit having a good skin care routine to achieving a more natural makeup look in less time.

I hope you all have a great weekend and achieve any and all goals that you may have set for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme