photo botslide.jpg

My Spring Must Haves

9.3.15

Hey guys! With spring quickly arriving, I thought that today's post would be just the thing to help us get into the mood for some spring weather. As if we needed another excuse to get out of this miserable weather. Anyway, here are some things I look for in my spring wardrobe!



My Spring Must Haves:

1.     A good neutral colored light/medium weight jacket( i.e. trench coat.) This will keep you warm if the weather turns from sunny and 65 degrees Fahrenheit to rainy and 38 degrees F. Wearing a light outer layer like this will add an extra something to your outfit and can pull together almost any look whether your wearing a casual day dress or jeans and a t- shirt.
2.     Colorful Jumper/ Romper/Playsuit: I don’t know about you but after wearing what feels like every dark neutral color under the sun, I start to crave little pops of bright colors in my wardrobe. That is where a brightly colored jumper comes in to play. These two-in-ones are literally my favorite things to wear in the spring. They come in most spring type colors and are an instant outfit that makes it look like you actually tried to look put together. My favorite ones are floral printed ones and jumpers with different colored top and bottoms, so it looks like you’re wearing a separate top and bottoms when really it’s all one piece! GENIUS IDEA!
3.     A small but roomy crossbody bag: A couple of years ago I was a big bag kind of girl. The bigger the bag the better it was, that was my way of thinking back then. Around September of last year I bought my first Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC in the taupe color with the silver chain and that was what made me a small crossbody girl. They come in so many different colors, they are available at all different price points and they offer you so much freedom. You can put all of your things (makeup, phone, keys, wallet etc.) in your bag and not have to worry about dropping anything out of your bag. Another plus is that you can be wearing a “meh” outfit but wearing this kind of bag will instantly make it look un-intentionally cool girl chic.
4.     Statement Sunglasses: Last spring I was looking for the perfect pair of sunglasses that were classic and understated. I found them in the black Ray-Ban Wayfarers, unfortunately I forgot them in the restroom at Target a few months after I bought them. Fast forward to January of this year and I decided to embrace the concept of wearing sunglasses that stand out.  That’s when I bought my Wildfox “ Club Fox Deluxe” 54 mm sunglasses. If you are a fan of wearing sunglasses that make a statement, Wildfox make great ones! Plus spring and summer is the time to really make a statement with your accessories.
5.     Lipgloss/Lipstick Hybrid: If you’ve been keeping up with all the new launches that different brands have been putting out lately, you’ll know that lip products that have the moisturizing benefits of a gloss but the pigmentation of a lipstick are one of the more popular releases from late last year through this year’s spring makeup collections. My favorite is the Chanel Rouge Allure color and shine lip gloss in the colors pirate and sensible. The first is a true red color and the second is a peachy pink color that is good for everyday use.
6.     Slip on shoes: White, black , leopard print, it does not matter. Pick whichever color you like. These are the shoes that replace my black chelsea boots which I wear nearly every day in the fall/winter seasons. Comfortable, versatile and stylish. What more could you ask for from a pair of shoes?
7.     Lightweight Foundation with SPF: I usually stick with a bit of concealer on any redness or blemishes but if I feel like putting on foundation, I usually stick with one like Chanel’s Vitalumiére aqua. Hands down my favorite one for the warmer months.
8.     Cotton tank tops: These are great for layering under all kinds of jackets, blazers, and cardigans. You can wear them with jeans and sneakers or with cute lacey shorts and heels to dress them up. Definitely a must have as the weather warms up.

What are some of your must haves for spring? Comment down below and share this link if you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme