photo botslide.jpg

Collective Haul: Sephora, Madewell, Nordstrom, Bath&Body Works and More

4.3.15

You know you have a problem, when you have a day off of school to do whatever you want and you choose to go shopping on not one day of cancelled classes but BOTH days. Anyway, the shopping trips that occurred over the past few weeks have resulted in quite a sizeable haul for you all to enjoy today! Without further ado, here is my "Snow Day" Collective haul which includes a little bit of fashion, beauty and other random bits that I've picked up.
                                                    
Let's start with the beauty category, since that where most of the damage happened. ( insert shameful monkey emoji here )                               
 

Sephora, the place where I go to get one thing and end up with a ton of other things I didn't even plan on getting. This store has got to be one of my biggest weaknesses. I swear, I always come out of that store happy but my wallet doesn't always feel the same.

 First up we have the Anastasia DIPBROW Pomade ($18) in the shade medium brown. Initially I thought that this shade would be too dark for my hair color, but now I really like the color. This really holds the brow in place while also allowing you to make a natural or bold brow. 

The NUDESTIX Contour & Highlight stick($24) was the one product that is in this haul which I didn't really get along with. I don't know if I got the wrong shade or if the coloring of the contour shade didn't go well with my skin tone. It just made me look paler, if that's even possible for a contour to do. The shade that I got was light/medium, so now I just use it as a full coverage concealer and it works great! 

Next I picked up the NailInc Spring/Summer 2015 Gel Effects nail polish collection ($29). This has got to be the most gorgeous collection of nail polish shades EVER and they're all in the small sizes so that makes them even cuter! I mean, there is not one shade where I'm like "ewwe, I wouldn't wear that". At the moment my favorite shade to wear from the collection is called Colville Mews, it's such a pretty nude-y pinky shade but I'm also looking forward to trying out the shade Cornwall Road, which is a gorgeous pastel-y blue green/ mint color. I think it'll be perfect for spring. 


I've been trying out the small versions of the Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil shampoo and conditioner ($31 and $34) and really enjoyed how soft and nourished it made my hair feel, so I went ahead and bought the full size bottles of each. It's a really good shampoo and conditioner if you color your hair a lot or if you just have hair that gets tangled a lot when you get out of the shower. 

I've heard great things about the GlamGlow SuperCleanse daily treatment cleanser ($39), so I thought I would get it and give it a try. Oh my gosh guys, this really does what it says on the packaging, on my second day of using this cleanser I could see a noticeable difference. My skin was clearer and it had already pulled out all my other little breakouts that hadn't quite surfaced. 

Whilst I was in the aisle of minis (aka the check out line), I thought I'd have a look and spotted something I had never seen outside of Instagram, the Flash temporary tattoos ($22). I got the Sofia ones and they look like a cute way to accessorize. The box that they come in says that they are jewelery inspired temporary tattoos that are waterproof and last for up to four days but can be removed with baby oil or makeup remover. I think it's a really cool concept for the summer time and am really looking forward to trying those out as the weather warms up. 

Lastly we have another item from the aisle of miniatures, it's the travel size of the Bumble and Bumble dryspun finish spray ($16). I have the brand's cityswept finish spray, so I'm excited to try this out and see how they work together in my daily hair routine.

I only got one thing from Nordstrom in this haul post and it was the Kiehl's Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter ($48). I have the original Creme de Corps body lotion and loved it so much that I wanted to try out the body butter from the collection. I haven't tried it enough to really form an opinion but so far I like the texture and how fast it sinks into the skin. 

Earlier I was talking about the nail polishes that I had gotten from Sephora, well the shopping trip before that I was in Urban Outfitters with my mom and sister when I found some of the coolest shades of nail polish. The sale at the time was 2 for $8 and I got 4 shades of nail polish. I have a weird logic I know. They were the store's own brand UO nail lacquer in the shades: After Hours (multi-colored glitter), Tutu (coppery/rose gold glitter), Super fine (coppery metallic finish), desert oasis ( browny nude color). I love the shades Tutu and Super fine together, they look absolutely AMAZING together! 

Next is the fashion category, not too much in this category, so it kind of balances out the excess in the beauty category right?  

I was just browsing around in Forever 21 not really expecting to find anything because that store is really hit or miss with me but I ended up finding this amazing trench coat. It's not too structured or heavy like a typical trench coat, so I think it it will be really cute for different outfits in the spring. 

The day that I was out shopping with my mom and sister was also the day that I rediscovered my love for Madewell. I remember really loving them for the great quality basics that they do, so I decided to pop in just to see what they had and the salesgirl/stylist helped me pick out a couple of pieces that I fell in love with and don't think I would've picked out on my own. The first thing is the Across V-Neck Top. This is a very simple white sleeveless top that you can dress up or down and it looks amazing on and is very flattering. The other piece I ended up getting is a white and dark blue cropped t shirt. It's not super cropped like a regular cropped top would be, but is just a little shorter than a normal t-shirt would be and the slightly boxy fit helps balance out the proportions of the top. It looks like something that would make you instantly look effortlessly chic.


The last thing that I have to show you in the fashion category is from Urban Outfitters. These sweatpants are the kind of sweatpants that you see girls wearing out and think to yourself, " how do you do it? If I were to wear sweatpants out of the house, I would look like a mess." The fit of these pants are skinny but loose and the same time and can be worn outside of lounging around the house or going to the gym and you'd look 100% presentable. As if they weren't already the perfect sweatpants, it is definitely the softest piece of clothing that I've felt other than the Brandy Mellville Layla hoodie. As soon as I felt it I told myself, " I NEED THAT IN MY LIFE!!"  

This last category is the Homewear category and it's probably my second favorite after beauty.
 

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a shameless candle addict, but Bath&Body Works candles are my real weakness in the realm of candles. So when you put me and the Bath&Body Works $12 candle sale together , expect there to be a lot of different smells wafting through the air at my house. At this particular sale I showed remarkable restraint and ended up only buying three of the big 3-wick candles. I got Fresh Water and Sea Salt, LOVE hearts and flowers, and Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut. The one that I am most excited to light is the Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut candle, mostly because it smells like the churros at Disney World. Whenever I smell the candle I get hungry. They all smell amazing though. 


Ok now these last few bits from Fiore are the cutest dishes ever! I picked up three of them. Two of the round and one in a heart shape. The two round ones have different designs each on them. One has a picture of a rabbit which reminds me of the peter rabbit story from when I was little and the other little dish has a picture of a cake and has a saying written on it that says" live and work with integrity and everything else is a piece of cake". I use the heart shaped dish for my little rings that I wear stacked; I use the small rabbit dish to hold my every day brow product and bobby pins. Those two sit on my make up table, while the dish with the cake on it sits on the table beside my bed and holds spare bobby pins and my hand cream that i use before bed. They were such a bargain too at $4 a piece, you can't beat a price like that for such adorable little pieces of decoration.

That's everything I bought from the past couple of weeks. Do you enjoy reading/watching hauls? What are some things that you enjoy doing if you randomly have a day off of school or work? Let me know in the comments section. I hope you have an amazing rest of your week and hope you enjoyed this haul post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme