photo botslide.jpg

Smells Like Spring

6.4.15

Over the past year and a half or so, I've really gotten into finding perfume scents that work with my body's internal chemistry. I like to have at least 2-3 perfumes that I can switch between depending on my mood and/or the current season. Personally, I believe that perfume scents are an incredibly personal thing and can be as much a part of a person's identity as their favorite bag or article of clothing. Here are 5 of my favorite scents that I enjoy wearing in the Spring/ Summer months.
Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede


 

This is one of my all time favorite scents ever. I love all Jo Malone scents but this one and the Wood Sage and Sea Salt cologne are the ones that feel the most me. It smells quite floral without making you smell like a total bouquet of flowers, which in my opinion is a very hard thing for perfumes to accomplish. The thing that I love the most about this pick is that it lasts all day, so I'm not having to carry it around with me if I'm out and about all day. The same can be said for most of the other Jo Malone fragrances. Best all rounder in my book.

Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt

As I mentioned in the description for the Peony and Blush Suede cologne, the smell of this perfume lasts long after you first put it on with no touch ups. It literally makes you feel like you're at the beach when you spray this on. I enjoy using this when I'm feeling down or if it's a particularly gloomy day out. An instant mood lifter; plus if you layer this fragrance with the Peony any Blush Suede it's what I imagine magic would smell like if it had a scent.

Tocca Simone

Here's another perfume that makes me feel like I'm on a beach holiday! This one by Tocca is a lot more fresh smelling than the Wood Sage and Sea Salt one from Jo Malone, but one of my favorites for the warm weather season! This scent also comes in such a cute bottle as an added bonus.

Commodity: Book




A while ago Estée from the youtube channel Essiebutton did a favorites video where she included a book scented candle that she had picked up from her trip to Denmark. I was so intrigued by this that I decided to look for a perfume that had a similar scent and I found one from the brand Commodity. I had never heard of this brand until I went into Sephora one day to look at perfumes and then found this gorgeous creation! It says that it has very fresh, earthy notes that remind me of the smell of a new book when you open it up. All I can say is that this is a very addicting scent and I can see myself wearing it for many years to come. I just hope that Commodity doesn't discontinue this scent!
Chloé: Roses De Chloé
This scent is a spinoff from the original Chloé perfume that has added notes of roses. I actually like this edition of the iconic fragrance. First off I want to say that this is not just a product with pretty packaging. I love how feminine and floral it smells without making you smell like an old person's floral perfume. If a perfume could affect your outer appearance, this one would make you look like you have that lit from within glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme